Dreamshell help please :(

[Released: 1998] Born out of Sega's darkest hour to decide whether the company stays in the hardware business. Even though it didn't officially last long in the US, it was continued selling in Japan and spawned some great 2D Japanese shooters.

/dreamcast
Corporate

Dreamshell help please :(

Post by /dreamcast »

Hey guys, got my old dreamcast out of mothers loft from when i was a kid, still had one of my favourite games ever in "jet set radio" with 100% completed save :D
missing the scart lead so ordered one of them and also ordered an sd adaptor which came with a dreamshell disc. got them both in the post today so got a wetrix backup just to test it. extracted the files into a wetrix folder and put that folder onto an 8 gb sd card. the sd card has a 4 with a circle round it which im guessing is the class?
anyway i put the dreamshell disc in the console with the sd card, turn it on and then after the dreamcast spiral screen during the sega screen, the blue LED on the adaptor goes brighter, then dreamshell starts. then the screen goes black and at the same time the LED goes off and the dreamshell screen comes back on.
searched a bit and on this post https://www.reddit.com/r/dreamcast/comments/7oroop/dreamshell_question/ i got dreamshell 4.0 RC 4 + bootloader and dragged that to the SD card aswell but no.
Will look around and do a bit more reading but thought i'd post here as from what i've seen some of you guys know quite a bit.
Cheers
edit: sorry i forgot to put the DS folder on the card :/ deeerp, working and got a game running but it looks as if it's in 50hz, dreamshell starts with a red spiral but after launching it's in black and white and there is a section of the screen at the bottom that shows on the top. changed the settings in dreamshell (PAL NTCS) to PAL also read you may have to hold Y to put dreamshell into 60hz but still grey and weird section from bottom on the top

submitted by /u/___G-flex___
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Dreamcast Forums”