For someone who has no nostalgia for the Turbografx 16, the mini is a great place to start

[Released: 2020] Dedicated home video game console by Konami modeled on NEC's TurboGrafx-16, which was designed by Hudson Soft and emulates the original console's 16-bit hardware. Half the size of the original, it can support two controllers out of box.

/turboG16
Bustin' Moves

For someone who has no nostalgia for the Turbografx 16, the mini is a great place to start

Post by /turboG16 »

To be honest, my first introduction to the turbografx 16 was through the wii virtual console, but its been years since i’ve played bonk or star soldier on there.
Decided to finally pick one of these up on amazon(used but it was basically new) and man am I enjoying it way more than I thought I would. The shmup selection is fantastic, having CD games, and the interface is so good. I’m appreciating this way more than something like the snes mini because this is the first time i’ve experienced most of these games.
Now i’m just wondering what other gems I missed out on, since this is just a fraction of the total library.
edit: also I’m really surprised at the ergonomics of the controller! Very comfortable, and I love the toggle switches for turbo.

submitted by /u/PAULINK
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “TurboGrafx-16 Mini Forum”