Broken Sound Channel "Rain" Discovered on all Mini's!

[Released: 2020] Dedicated home video game console by Konami modeled on NEC's TurboGrafx-16, which was designed by Hudson Soft and emulates the original console's 16-bit hardware. Half the size of the original, it can support two controllers out of box.

/turboG16
Bustin' Moves

Broken Sound Channel "Rain" Discovered on all Mini's!

Post by /turboG16 »

So I am not too well versed on how emulation works but it came to my attention I noticed a really weird sound emulation issue on my Coregrafx-mini that seemed to be overlooked in the quality check department.
It comes from one of the sound channels that the emulation can't run and this would be the channel that would have the rain SFX, what I mean is if you play a game such as Castlevania Rondo Of Blood and get to STAGE 2 (Not STAGE 2') just after the rain begin and if Ricter takes damage it is accompanied by a really unbearable distorted crack this eventually corrects itself in the Wolf Man battle at the end when the rain stops and you fully exit the whole stage which means this happens throughout the whole level which made me first think my HDMI lead was falling out of the TV but I can guarantee it wasn't. (This can also be accessed in the well known Stage Select code and going straight to the stage itself.
This isn't the only game I noticed this issue on, one such as Cho Aniki when it rains also had this problem too and likely some others will too!

submitted by /u/Richardragon87
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “TurboGrafx-16 Mini Forum”