Wells Gardner 19V2000

A video game arcade cabinet, also known as a video arcade machine or video coin-op, is the housing within which a video arcade game's hardware resides. Most cabinets designed since the 1990's conform to the JAMMA wiring standard.

/Arcade
Bustin' Moves

Wells Gardner 19V2000

Post by /Arcade »

I just picked up an Atari Asteroids cabinet. In the process of restoring the cabinet. Currently will play blind. I've already replace the filter cap on the power supply. In the process of rebuilding the AR2 with fresh capacitors/resistors. Audio sounds like crap, but that's a different issue. the AR2 board has been well used.
I got nothing out of the monitor. No picture or life. I do see the glow on the back of the tube. It makes me want to believe that there is something wrong with either the flyback or the High Voltage diode to the anode. Is there any good method of troubleshooting the high voltage section of the monitor? I haven't taken it apart yet. Not new to PCB repair, but new to high voltage repair.

I don't see the red light showing on the deflection board. So i'm pretty sure it's not a spot killer issue, and I don't see the tube glow when I put power to the machine. I haven't checked the X/Y/Z inputs on the 12 pin connector to verify I got signal yet.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/Into_the_groove
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Arcade Cabinet Forum”