How to use an Retrobit 8 button Sega Genesis USB Controller (should also work on 6 button too) on TurboGrafx-16 Mini.

[Released: 2020] Dedicated home video game console by Konami modeled on NEC's TurboGrafx-16, which was designed by Hudson Soft and emulates the original console's 16-bit hardware. Half the size of the original, it can support two controllers out of box.

/turboG16
Bustin' Moves

How to use an Retrobit 8 button Sega Genesis USB Controller (should also work on 6 button too) on TurboGrafx-16 Mini.

Post by /turboG16 »

When plugged in normally, only the START, MODE, A, and B buttons work. The D-pad is non-operational. I manage to fix this by doing 3 sequences. I'd start up Bonk's revenge and select practice stage to test this on.

1. Hold START + B for 5 seconds (I believe this switches to X-input)
  2. Hold START + D-PAD UP for 5 seconds (this gets the D-pad working)
  3. Hold START + D-PAD DOWN for 5 seconds (this switches B to be I and A to be II)
As for Step 3, it's optional but, it feels weird to me (A being I and B being II). You need to do this every time you plug it in, turn the console off, etc. START is RUN, MODE is SELECT, B is I and A is II.
I tried searching how to get it to work and no one had an answer to this (maybe I didn't search hard enough) so here's the guide to get your Retrobit Sega Genesis controllers to work if you want to use an extra controller for two players.
Please let me know if this works out for you guys.

submitted by /u/PCiTek
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “TurboGrafx-16 Mini Forum”