TG16 Mini: did I read somewhere that there's a way to get many of the "PC Engine"-side games (Bonk, for example) to come up i

[Released: 2020] Dedicated home video game console by Konami modeled on NEC's TurboGrafx-16, which was designed by Hudson Soft and emulates the original console's 16-bit hardware. Half the size of the original, it can support two controllers out of box.

/turboG16
Bustin' Moves

TG16 Mini: did I read somewhere that there's a way to get many of the "PC Engine"-side games (Bonk, for example) to come up i

Post by /turboG16 »

On the TG16 Mini (mine just arrived from Amazon yesterday...yes, Sunday delivery on Memorial Day weekend!), there are some games which are on both the TG16 (English language) side, and also repeated on the PC Engine (Japanese language) side. Neutopia, for example.
Before this began shipping in the USA, when the PC Engine "case" version was available for Japan, I dimly recall reading somewhere how some of the games on the PC Engine/Japanese-language side of the games menu - like the first Bonk game (Genjin), for example, or Daimakaimura/Ghouls N Ghosts as another - had a hidden way of coming up in English language...that both versions of the ROMs on are board.
I'm pretty good with my Google-fu techniques usually, but I have not been able to find any of those descriptions again. And I've played around with the menus a LOT looking for secret ways, but I can't find any.
Do any of you know how to pick the English language ROMs for the games which support it? Or is my memory playing tricks on me?

submitted by /u/DaveLambert
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “TurboGrafx-16 Mini Forum”