I'm enjoying Final Fantasy Adventure much more than I thought I would.

[Released: 1989] The Game Boy is Nintendo's second handheld system following the Game & Watch series. Despite many other technologically superior handheld consoles introduced during its lifetime, the Game Boy was a tremendous success.

/gameboy
Corporate

I'm enjoying Final Fantasy Adventure much more than I thought I would.

Post by /gameboy »

I've been eyeing this game since a decade ago. But I never got around to playing it. Now that The Mana Collection is out on Switch, though, it's finally given me the excuse I need.
First, huge Link's Awakening vibes. The square-by-square hack and slash action brings me back. Getting different items and weapons, solving dungeon puzzles, and fighting bosses at the end definitely give me throwback vibes too. I feel like I'm back in my era playing a game I've missed out on for far too long.
I'm forgiving of the slow enemy animation. I'm honestly surprised at the amount of options you have in combat.
The dungeons and puzzles are fun. I enjoy fighting different types of enemies and finding the weapon that works against them.
I'm also great surprised at the story for its time. It really takes a few dark turns.
But overall, I'm loving it more than I'd ever hoped to. It's not perfect and there are a few dated issues, as well as a couple flaws that could have been avoided. That said, the devs did a fantastic job making a GB game ahead of its time. I just got to the golem cave and I'm really impressed so far.

submitted by /u/RangoTheMerc
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Game Boy Forum”