Interface Unit troubleshooting

Discuss anything related to PC Engine, TurboGrafx-16, NEC, Hudson Soft, or TTI.

/turboG16
Bustin' Moves

Interface Unit troubleshooting

Post by /turboG16 »

Hello! I received a stock PC Engine as a gift last year, and finally had a recent impulse to go all in on an Interface Unit and CD System (I really like how it all looks!) so I bought a refurbished/recapped set from an Ebay seller.
The short story is, it doesn't seem to be outputting composite video.
Everything else works fine. The audio cables are working. The CD System booted up and the test game I bought ran as one would expect. The RF output on the PC Engine still works (though while inside the IFU, the quality is even worse than usual.)
This is a troubleshooting question with a lot of potential variables (the ac adapter? the video cables? the IFU? the PCE itself?) so I'm not expecting much, I just kind of wanted to know if anyone else has dealt with similar hiccups? Is there some kind of common PCE defect that keeps it from properly outputting video from the rear hub? Is there some kind of NTSC-J video incompatibility that I didn't know about? I'm pretty clueless about what's normal or not.
I haven't been in contact with the seller yet, but was told that it was tested and working before it was shipped, so I want try to do all the research I can about this before even thinking of going through the hassle of returning it.

submitted by /u/colonyoo
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “General Discussion”