Optimizing my true RGB French MasterSystem

[Released: 1985] One of the most unusual features of the Sega Master System is its dual media inputs: one cartridge slot and one card slot. The card slot accepted small cards about the size of a credit card.

/markiiisystem
Bustin' Moves

Optimizing my true RGB French MasterSystem

Post by /markiiisystem »

Hi everyone,
Two years ago I visited France and purchased a French MS Model II which features true RGB output. Link for those interested: https://www.retrorgb.com/frenchrgbconsoles.html.
I use an HDMI upscaler to play in 1080p on my 4ktv and it looks very nice. However, the games do run quite slowly. While it doesn't matter so much when I play Phantasy Star, for example, it is a drag when games like Sonic the Hedgehog run slow and play sluggish music. I would like to hook it up to my CRT but my pathetic US CRT has no RGB input.
I initially assumed the issue here is that the console is PAL and runs at 50hz, but I purchased my Sonic the Hedgehog from a UK website so it should be running at same speed and work correctly, right? Any thoughts on how to get the best experience out of this Master System?

submitted by /u/HereticPharaoh2020
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “Master System Forum”