Autobleem works. Bleemsync installs but turns off on boot.

[Released: 2019] The PlayStation Classic is a dedicated video game console by Sony Interactive Entertainment that emulates games originally released on its 1994 PlayStation console.

/psxclassic
Corporate

Autobleem works. Bleemsync installs but turns off on boot.

Post by /psxclassic »

Hi there, I'm having a problem with Bleemsync and haven't found anyone with a similar problem out there. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.
I bought a PSClassic yesterday, loaded it up with a USB stick (Kingston Datatraveler G3 16GB) on port 2 with Autobleem and it worked fine.
However, I wanted to modify the kernel to get OTG compatibility to be able to connect the USB stick to the back of the console. I followed the instructions on modmyclassic.com and Bleemsync installed just fine (log down below).
However, I then took out the usb stick before unplugging the PS from the power connection. I then tried to copy the kernel backup to my PC but windows said it was corrupted. I read somewhere afterwards that this warning might trigger if I removed the USB stick before unplugging from the power connection. I used Windows' repair option and was able to then copy the backup to my pc. Corrupt usb warnings in windows seem sort of common if you don't unplug the console before taking out the usb from what I've read around here.
Meanwhile, Bleemsync isn't booting. It shows the sony logo and then turns off and goes to orange light.
----
I tried executing the uninstall image. The recommended software (balenaEtcher) worked fine but left my usb drive with a max partition size of 38mb (did I miss something? I found no info to reverse this after the uninstall process and had to use cmd>diskpart and delete/create a new 14gb partition). Then I tried repeating the install process but it fails creating the backup.
---

Tl;Dr:
Bleemsync installs, creates backup.
Can't run bleemsync/update kernel (sony logo>turns off>orange light). Tried just port 1 too.
Uninstall, then Install fails at second backup.
I'm also afraid to recover from the backup that bleemsync sucessfully created the first time because windows wouldn't let me copy it before repairing the drive. Backup seems fine after repair but I can't confirm if it's good.
Why would bleemsync not load the first time after installing?
log:
[BLEEMSYNC](PROFILE) general_maintenance took: 115ms to execute
loop count=0, rc=0
[BLEEMSYNC](PROFILE) boot_splash took: 5328ms to execute
[BLEEMSYNC](Executing) create_backup_pkg_func()
[BLEEMSYNC](INFO) Creating file system backup... (It will take a couple minutes!)
Creating RSA keys...Done!
Creating NORMAL Backup
Creating ZIP at /media/bleemsync/backup/LBOOT.EPB...
EDIT:Bleemsync only created one backup ( LBOOT.EPB ).

submitted by /u/keeperxiii
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “PlayStation Classic Forum”