PS3 CECHL04 : CPU : 79°C , RSX : 47 °C (idle)

[Released: 2006] The PS3 was the first console to use Blu-ray Disc as its primary storage medium. In September 2009 the updated PlayStation 3 Slim, was released. A further refined Super Slim design was also released.

/p3
Corporate

PS3 CECHL04 : CPU : 79°C , RSX : 47 °C (idle)

Post by /p3 »

Hi everyone !
Bought a CECHL04 PS3 off eBay some time ago, tested it, booted -> fine (was busy because deadline at work etc..)
Later I changed the thermal paste because the console was never opened, so I cleaned everything, applied new paste (not too much not too little) the same way on the 2 chips
When I wanted to try the PS3 (and use some tools on it) the weather was pretty hot so when I saw 80°C when it was like 40 in my flat I just didn't used the console.
Now it's winter and normal temps time and my PS3 still displays CPU : 79°C , RSX : 47 °C ON THE MULTIMAN MENU.
Thinking I did something wrong when applying the paste (putting too much or too little) I disassembled it again and... There was the same amount of paste on the 2 chips
What is happening with my PS3? is the motherboard kind of dead or am I just stupid (not enough pressure on something? Sensors going nuts?)
What can I do ? Is there some way to force the PS3 to be in airplane mode since now at 80°C it's pretty quiet?
Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/Pwar4lavement
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “PlayStation 3 Forum”