Radiant Silvergun washed out

For all Supergun and Consolized motherboard discussion.

Arcade-Projects
Corporate

Radiant Silvergun washed out

Post by Arcade-Projects »

I recently received my S-TV board and fired up Radiant Silvergun (via cart). The game plays as I would expect, but in the opening intro the screen is incredibly washed out to the point of being nearly pure white. As the level progresses the color seems to calm down a bit (I believe the cloud layers thin out in the background), but it's definitely not correct.

I'm at a loss at what to poke at in order to debug this. I'm running from the JAMMA connector to a Gonbes converter for VGA output. I've played around with the converter and I don't believe it's to root cause. I've entered the S-TV's service menu and looked at the display calibration sections. While the RGB bars seem a little "hot" (i.e. not a lot of variation in contrast once it's past the first five or six bars) the whole menu doesn't seem really off. All the other tests checks out fine.

Does anyone have a pic of their own video calibration page for comparison? I would have expected a more even gradation across the range than I'm seeing.

Thanks very much for any thoughts!

More...

Return to “Modified Moderboards”