Bought an AceKard from nds-card, not working?

[Released: 2004/8] The DS/i is a dual-screen handheld console and resembles that of the multi-screen games from the Game & Watch line. The lower display is overlaid with a touchscreen designed to accept input from a stylus.

/nDS
Corporate

Bought an AceKard from nds-card, not working?

Post by /nDS »

Some background: Way back around 2012, I'd gotten an AceKard 2i from I think realhotstuff. Used the hell out of it, but as of late, it's been having contact problems, and it's gotten to the point where I decided it's time to get a replacement.
Since I loved the little thing so much, I decided to go for the exact same thing. Problem is, realhotstuff is long-gone. I looked around for a reliable place, and nds-card seemed to have the best word of mouth. So I placed my order a few weeks ago, and just got my card in, and...it's not working on any of my systems.
On all of my (Luma CFW) 3DS, it just completely hangs them once it's inserted. On my original fat DS, it simply acts as if there's nothing in game card slot. I know it's not a system incompatibility, since my old card still works (with great difficulty.)
I looked around and figured my new AceKard was (somehow) bricked, and found the ak2ifw_update program, which could apparently unbrick it, according to the gbatemp wiki. The program also didn't recognize my new card, even though it recognized my old one.
At first, I figured it was simply a poor contact issue, but I've tried cleaning the contacts, as well as using the paper push trick, and haven't once been able to get a system to read it as anything.
I'm at my wit's end. Has anyone here experienced a similar problem?
I noticed that nds-card's page for the AceKard says "Note?
We will update its latest kernel or firmware to support 3DS V4.3.0-10 before shipping it out."
Maybe that has to do with it?

submitted by /u/chocobunneh
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “DS Forum”