How to move a save file from a game running on stock emulator to the same game running on Retroarch?

[Released: 2016] Licensed miniature replica NES that includes a static library of 30 built-in games supporting save states.

/classicNES
Bustin' Moves

How to move a save file from a game running on stock emulator to the same game running on Retroarch?

Post by /classicNES »

I've been playing through the Famicom version of Final Fantasy II on my NES Classic (with an English translation patch), and the game runs fine with the regular emulator that the NES Classic uses. However, when running the game through the scan-line mode, the game chugs pretty bad and the screen/music gets distorted when text-boxes and characters scroll left and right during battles. This problem doesn't occur when the game runs on Retroarch, however.
While I can simply solve my problem by switching the game to run on Retroarch, my save file does not transfer when switching emulators (each edit I make to the command key on Hakchi to switch between the stock emulator and Retroarch leaves me with two different files - the stock save that I've been playing on, and a fresh new game on Retroarch). I'm pretty far into the game, and I'm not too thrilled with the idea of replaying it again with the Retroarch emulator running just so I can get to the point where I left off.
So is it possible to move the saves somehow across different emulators through Hakchi? I already backed up my FFII save using Hakchi, I just honestly don't know if it can be placed to the game when running Retroarch. I will extremely appreciate any thoughts you guys have!

submitted by /u/pb_quesadillas
[link] [comments]Image

More...

Return to “NES Classic Edition Forum”