(PRE-ORDER ENDS 9/29) Console JAMMAizer! Easily connect home consoles to your JAMMA arcade cabinet.

For all Supergun and Consolized motherboard discussion.

Arcade-Projects
Corporate

(PRE-ORDER ENDS 9/29) Console JAMMAizer! Easily connect home consoles to your JAMMA arcade cabinet.

Post by Arcade-Projects »

This is an updated first post reflecting the current status of the project.

Console JAMMAizer! The Console JAMMAizer is a device that allows you to connect RGB scart game consoles to your arcade cabinets! Base model priced at $150.

PRE-ORDERS ARE OPEN NOW!!!

Pre-Order Details:
This is going to be a very expensive product to bring to market. The cost of components and PCB manufacture far exceeds any other project I have released, therefore I am going to have to hold pre-orders in order to fund the production of the first run. When you purchase your pre-order you are paying the full price of your console JAMMAizer and any upgrades you have ordered. Once the pre-order window closes I will order the PCBs and all of the necessary components to fulfill the pre-orders. Please expect a 1 to 2 month lead time to receive your order once pre-orders have closed. I will be limiting the first round to 25 units, after that I will hopefully be able to maintain regular stock provided there is enough demand. If you have any questions about the process, please contact me via my contact form or via PM at here.

Product Overview Video:

Main PCB Features:

• SCART Input Connector for video and audio.
  • Fully amplified RGB video and mono audio to the JAMMA edge.
  • Sync Stripping for Composite video or Luma sync cables/consoles.
  • Stereo audio out through RCAs for stereo amplified cabinets.
  • Onboard volume control for JAMMA speaker out.
  • RGB impedance control for fine tuning with your monitor.
  • Controls are handled through 2x 20 Pin headers compatible with Brook Retro boards, UFB, PS360+, or any future PCB with a matching 20 pin header,
  • Buttons 4-6 available on the JAMMA edge as well as through a CPS2 kick harness plug.
  • Button 6 on the JAMMA edge can be toggled on or off by switch. Only use with cabinets wired for CHAMMA.
  • Player 1/2 Home and Select buttons available through on board buttons.
  • Auxiliary button harness connectors for player 1 and 2. Adds Home, Select, B7 and B8.
  • Home and Select button emulation via button combo for cabinets that lack extra buttons.
  • External A/V input header for future input options. Example: VGA Hat.
  • Hard Gold plated, beveled and chamfered JAMMA edge.
Upgrade Options:

• Button Remapping and Rapid Fire IC: Designed by "RGB" creator of the HAS supergun and RECO PCB. Allows full remapping and rapid fire programming of buttons 1-6 for player 1 and 2. Rapid fire modes can be toggled between different speeds and can be toggled between V-Sync locked timing and asynchronous timing depending on your needs. Frankly this upgrade is a must. Upgrade priced at $25

• VGA Input Hat: This accessory will connect to the EXT_IN port of the man Console JAMMAizer PCB and provide VGA and 3.5mm audio input. The VGA hat has a sync combiner that can be toggled on or off depending on the needs of the VGA source. This adapter works for MAME in both 15khz and 31khz modes and VGA capable consoles like the Dreamcast and Xbox 360. 31khz sources will only work with 31khz capable monitors. Upgrade priced at $20

• MC Cthulhu EZ PCB: This accessory is a redesigned PCB for the popular MC Cthulhu multi console controller PCB. This redesign makes the MC Cthulhu compatible with the Console JAMMAizer's 20 pin connector and controller PCB footprint. You can swap the chip from your existing MC Cthulhu PCB onto this one, or you can purchase just the MC Cthulhu chip from Paradise Arcade. This part of the project is available now, priced at $20.

Prototype in action!

Original Post
Display Spoiler
Since I recently took delivery of a New Net City I've been in need of games to play on it. The only arcade PCBs I currently have are CPS2 titles, Including one Multi kit. The CPS2 is great and all, but I want to play some 3D fighters, and I'm not ready to invest in a NAOMI setup yet. Therefore I have put together a PCB to help me connect my Saturn, PS1/2 and Dreamcast to my NNC. The JAMMAizer! (not to be confused with the JAMMAfier)

This board takes RGB SCART input and passes it to the JAMMA edge, audio is output through 2 RCAs which can be connected to the cabinet's amplifier, and controls are meant to be handled by a pair of Brook Retro Boards connected via 20 Pin Harness. Kicks are output to a CPS2 style kick harness connector. This first version is fully passive, It doesn't amplify the video or audio meaning that it will only work properly with a Tri-Sync monitor and a stereo cabinet with a dedicated audio amp. I hope to evolve this into an active design that amplifies the audio and video so it can be used on 15khz only monitors and Mono cabinets. This is just the first step to get it running on my personal setup. I will be using this with my NNC through @invzim's JAMMAfier.

Here is a link to OshPark where you can download the gerbers if you want to have this manufactured. I do have a small batch in production right now which should be delivered some time next week if anybody wants one.

Thanks for checking out my project!

More...

Return to “Modified Moderboards”