Why does Rise of Triad feel so weird and all over the place?

A video game console is an interactive entertainment computer or customized computer system that produces a video display signal which can be used with a display device (a television, monitor, etc.) to display a video game.

/RetroGaming
Bustin' Moves

Why does Rise of Triad feel so weird and all over the place?

Post by /RetroGaming »

From time to time Rise of Triad came to my mind. I checked this game so many times, and I couldn't notice how the game feels so all over the place. The enemies types (People who look like fat English policemen in brown trench coats, cultists, nazis, skeletons, Nazis with RPGs, Stephen Hawking on a couch). Same with the weapons(I just shooting with an MP40 and one second later I use a magic bat?), and the level design (Those strange pads, which are technically really impressive, but they look out of place). Texture and sprites are strange as well, some of them are clearly photos, while others are hand drawn. When I compare it to other FPS games from that time which use Wolf3D or IDTech 1 all the games have a more coherent visual style and word-building.
I know this game pushes the limitations of the Wolf3D engine, but still, it feels really weird. And wherever I read about this game, these things just really get mentioned.
submitted by /u/PwPwPower
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/retrogaming/co ... _all_over/
/RetroGaming

Return to “Other Console Forum”