Cabinet Q&A • Restoration almost done !

Discuss the cartridge based & JAMMA compatible systems.

ArcadeOtaku
Bustin' Moves

Cabinet Q&A • Restoration almost done !

Post by ArcadeOtaku »

ST67 : you should find a car workshop in Zoug right ?

Lars : as you said, the leg adjuster brkt must be polished too. It's up to me but I don't see the point to re-plate these parts with an excentric choice like gold of chrome, much too thick and heavy. Anyway, the only chrome platings on that cab appears to be the stud plates (CQN-1057), the leg adjusters and the truss head type M4 screws.

Regading the cash box cover - CQN-1305 - and the coin meter brkt - CQN-130, three rivets are needed to hold the bracket.
First, add the coin meter to the bracket, then connect it to the panel mount hole based on the back of the cover, then install the bracket. Don't forget to place the counter's connector into the cover's mounting hole before handling the rivets because if you swap that step you'll be good to remove them with a drill with the risk to damage the cover. So, drilling is not a worry when the cover isn't plated yet but then if you damage it that's bad.

You'll have some difficulties to find a brand new ''panel mount'' type counter but there is an alternative : get a similar counter, open it, extract the mech, then swap it with the former panel mount type case counter. The case is easy to clean so you'll notice no difference (you can still reprint the sticker). Do not forget to swap the little pvc window (glass) too.

Ps. I'm looking for an extra cash box cover without scratches. Pls let mw know if you have spare parts. Thanks !!

Source: https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic ... 74#p566974
ArcadeOtaku

Return to “General Discussion”