Did I just F***ed my beloved PS3? [Help]

[Released: 2006] The PS3 was the first console to use Blu-ray Disc as its primary storage medium. In September 2009 the updated PlayStation 3 Slim, was released. A further refined Super Slim design was also released.

/p3
Corporate

Did I just F***ed my beloved PS3? [Help]

Post by /p3 »

Hello Everybody ! After going through some old boxes I found my old PlayStation 3 Slim. I couldn’t believe it! I totally forgot about it, and when I realized it was Jailbroken I cried a little bit. I hooked it up and went to town! I played for hours! And I mean HOURS… because It had my collection of PS1/PS2/PS3 games! I remember I spent days ripping my game collection so I can play them in my (then new PS3 Modded)

Yesterday I noticed it was getting hot, we’re talking about 150+ Fº on both CPU and RSX

I decided to open it up and change the thermal paste. Glad I did because I noticed that the original paste was basically nonexistent. I also replaced the CMOS battery since it was not keeping the time correctly.

When I put it back together it turned on, and showed up on the screen. YAY! When I was navigating through the menu suddenly the screen started glitching and then the picture just froze. I turned it off thinking it was some sort of software issue, and when I turned it back on there was no picture on the screen. The console’s green light stays on but no picture shows on the TV. And if I hold the power button it does nothing! I have to unplug the power cord in order to shut off the console.

I already tried the “Display Reset” but nothing happens!

Did it screw up my console by just cleaning it?

Do you have any advice I can follow? Or do you know any repair shop in your area (US) so I can mail it and fix it?
submitted by /u/cucurus123
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/1 ... _ps3_help/
/p3

Return to “PlayStation 3 Forum”