RPi5 and Sense hat v2 time out issue

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

RPi5 and Sense hat v2 time out issue

Post by /RaspberryPi »

Hello

I have recently bought a brand new Raspberry Pi 5 and a Sense hat v2 to start teaching myself and my kids how to program in python thanks to fun projects!

I am able to use the hat after a few issues. It was working out of the box and then updated the OS and had to reactivate I2C and insert a dtoverlay line into a config file.

The issue I am facing is the hat crash and stops responding when sending certain command thanks to the Python API to the LED matrix. For example after sending a sense.clear(rgb) with certain RGB colours code like [159,0,255] it crashes OK with “basic” RGB colour code [255, 0, 0] or [0,255, 0] or [0,0,255]. The only solution is a power off and unplug the power adapter.

I have tried the code example published on Sense hat readthedocs like the Colour cycle or Rainbow python code.

I don’t know how to further troubleshoot this issue and if it could be hardware related? The only thing I have not yet tested is I am not using the official usb-c power adapter but a 65W laptop one.

Thank you for your help!
submitted by /u/fatjoof
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... out_issue/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”