Windows are too large for my 7" screen

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Windows are too large for my 7" screen

Post by /RaspberryPi »

Hello everyone,

Sorry if this is a really stupid question but I'm completely new to this and despite reading some forums and watching YT videos nothing I can find so far answers my particular question.

I recently bought a raspberry pi 4B to use a project for my daughter to build a mini desktop computer. We put it all together fine but the monitor we were planning to use (an old one from my work) turned out to be broken.

We plugged it into the TV and it worked perfectly, I was really impressed by how fast it was and the Raspberry Pi operating system.

I ordered a 7" (1024x600) screen so that she could use it in her room. Now the problem we have is that half the windows are too big for the screen. You can't see everything or access the bar at the top to minimise or close anything. The screen was well reviewed and I had assumed that as the official screen also seems to be 7" that it would work OK but obviously not!

I tired holding alt or ctrl and left clicking to drag the screen around as recommended on some of the forum posts that I read but that does nothing. I also tried playing around with the resolution but again no joy.

Is there any way to make the windows fit the screen? She wants to use Scratch but currently can't do so. I'm hoping not to have to order a full size monitor to make it work!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Edited to add an image of the screen showing the resolution settings with the scratch window in the background that's too big for the screen. https://imgur.com/Ekxl3yl
submitted by /u/Tnd2030
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... _7_screen/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”