can't get nvme to work

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

can't get nvme to work

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I bought a new RPI 5 and the pineberry NVME HAT Bottom and can't get the NVME to work :/ I also tried 2 different NVMEs. (Crucial P5 & Toshiba) I have already tried it by connecting the additional 5V plug. nothing works. My previous approach. I have RaspiOS Bookworm on a USB SSD that I boot from. Alternatively, I also used the raspi tool to load a new SD card with the latest 64-bit RaspiOS. Firmware is also the latest on the RPI5. After start I added 2 parameters to the /Boot/Firmware/config.txt file. dtparam=NVMe & dtparam=pciex1_gen=3 ... then I restarted the Raspberry.

I've been trying this for 6 days now and for a few hours at a time. Twice I had already managed to get the Crucial NVME to appear on lsblk, and it then also appeared on the SD card copier, but when I tried to copy the current system it was aborted with the message, can't install file system. They are both new NVMEs that have also been tested and work with USB adapters. but not via PCIE on RPI5. how to find out why it doesn't work. Can you help me please.

SOLVED: I have now turned the ribbon cable. I put the side from the Raspberry into the HAT and the side from the HAT into the Raspberry. and the NVME ran immediately.
submitted by /u/CrazyTuner
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... e_to_work/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”