Trying to chroot into a raspberry pi SD card with qemu gives Invalid ELF for this architecture

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Trying to chroot into a raspberry pi SD card with qemu gives Invalid ELF for this architecture

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I'm trying to chroot into a raspberry pi SD card (dietpi) in order to (hopefully) set it up since it's having issues with my wifi and g_ether either doesn't work with dietpi or there are some other issues I'm unaware of. In any case, I've looked online and gotten some progress,

[user@Hostname ~]$ sudo proot -q "qemu-arm-static" -S /run/media/user/c45dg4c1-435d-642d-6433-t3154f261356/ qemu-arm-static: /usr/bin/dash: Invalid ELF image for this architecture but I can't figure out how to solve this issue. I've tried installing the static qemu binaries hoping that that would be able to help, but it doesn't seem to change anything whether I use qemu-arm or qemu-arm-static. I'm running an up-to-date system and pulling directly from the arch repositories, yet the only mention I can find that seems to be this issue is from a decade ago and in that post it claims that it's an issue with striping that was already fixed, so I'm not sure what the actual issue is.

To be clear /usr/bin/dash is from the SD card, not my host OS. I think dash is the first dynamically linked binary it loads or something and for some reason the library files aren't being properly emulated or something. (though that's really pure guesswork)

edit : I forgot to mention but it's a Pi 4
submitted by /u/temmiesayshoi
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... card_with/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”