It happened… (PS3 4K Pro Corruption)

[Released: 2006] The PS3 was the first console to use Blu-ray Disc as its primary storage medium. In September 2009 the updated PlayStation 3 Slim, was released. A further refined Super Slim design was also released.

/p3
Corporate

It happened… (PS3 4K Pro Corruption)

Post by /p3 »

After 10 years of modding PS3 I’ve finally bricked my PS3 here’s how I did it and maybe you can avoid it yourself
  • I tried uninstalling PS3 4K Pro from the XMB Menu and turned off the PS3 when it was uninstalling because I thought that it just froze (it just takes a while) and that I had to uninstall it from within the actual app (huge mistake)
  • After Reboot none of my games worked and they were all “corrupted” I had problems with fake corruption caused by a bad file or bad trophies so I thought nothing of it and proceeded to start troubleshooting
  • Deleted all my offline trophies on the account signed out and launched Gran Turismo 6
  • When I launched GT6 the screen went blue with no text and it’s been like that since I can turn it on and off reset the video settings with the power button rebuild database and file system etc it gives that same blue screen the only time it doesn’t do it its when it’s in safe mode.

After research it seems that the error is pretty hard to get rid of so yeah I’m kinda sad about that I’ve had a ton of fun these last 3 weeks playing on PS3 I’ll definitely get a new one and try everything again from scratch putting this out there just in case its happened to anyone else.
submitted by /u/JadielVR
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/1 ... orruption/
/p3

Return to “PlayStation 3 Forum”