This Pacific Drive ‘Surviving the Zone’ video gives a deep 10 minute primer

Talk all random video game discussion here.

Destructoid
Corporate

This Pacific Drive ‘Surviving the Zone’ video gives a deep 10 minute primer

Post by Destructoid »

It’s a little less than a month until Pacific Drive rolls out into the world. To get you ready for the game, Ironwood Studios has released a video that covers the core gameplay.

It isn’t hard to understand the basics of Pacific Drive, but there are a lot of deeper systems to keep in mind. For example, gathering anchor energy is important, but you might not realize how important it really is until you’re caught in an area with reality collapsing around you. So, you can learn from your mistakes like I did, or you can watch this video.

Having played Pacific Drive, I can tell you that this 10-minute video is pretty all-encompassing, covering car maintenance, survival, scavenging, and upgrading. If you’re not sure what the game is going to play like, this will tell you what it is and what it isn’t. Also, look at it this way, it will allow you to glide through the tutorial parts pretty easily.

I previewed Pacific Drive a while back, and while I have some reservations, my time with it left me excited to get my hands on the full experience. There’s a lot of elements of what I love mixed in there, and I’m wondering how well they’ll fare when stretched out to a full experience. I’m worried that the core gameplay loop will become repetitive, so I’m hoping to see a lot of surprises scattered about as you proceed further into the zone.

Pacific Drive is out on February 22, 2024 for PS4 and PC.

The post This Pacific Drive ‘Surviving the Zone’ video gives a deep 10 minute primer appeared first on Destructoid.

Source: https://www.destructoid.com/this-pacifi ... ute-primer
Destructoid

Return to “General Discussion”