Persona 3 Reload goes live-action with odd new trailer starring Aidan Gallagher

Talk all random video game discussion here.

Destructoid
Corporate

Persona 3 Reload goes live-action with odd new trailer starring Aidan Gallagher

Post by Destructoid »

The Umbrella Academy meets Gekkoukan High. With Persona 3 Reload launching next week, Atlus West's YouTube released an out-of-the-blue live-action commercial with Aidan Gallagher.

Persona 3 Reload is an RPG/life sim where you take on the role of Makoto Yuki, a recent transfer to Gekkoukan High. He then becomes a member of the Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad (S.E.E.S) and takes on the many levels of Tartarus during the elusive Dark Hour at midnight.

The almost minute-and-a-half-long trailer, titled "Seal Your Fate", features The Umbrella Academy actor casually taking a stroll through the halls of Gekkoukan High and Tartarus and, of course, monologuing about time. Aidan becomes an in-game character at some points, ending off with slaying a Shadow himself. It's a weird mix and a pretty odd presentation, but seeing it go mainstream is cool, to say the least.

School Days

To be honest, Aiden doesn't strike me as protagonist Makoto, but weirdly Tatsuya of Persona 2 fame. I'm not the only one who thinks so, as YouTube comments repeat the protagonist's name due to his long brown hair and demeanor. Maybe when they adapt Persona into a live-action film, Aidan will take on the role. Though, Atlus would need to acknowledge the original Personas to do that, so who knows?

As I mentioned before, the commercial is a bit weird. It's just Aiden walking in a straight line talking about life. I know that time is linear but maybe the ad shouldn't have been? Still, as a fan of the franchise, it's exciting to see it feel a bit more mainstream.

Celebrities in video game ads aren't new. Just recently, Succession star Brian Cox talked about complicated family lore for Tekken 8. Last year, The Office's Rainn Wilson did a spin on the classic sitcom for Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon. While simplistic, I do like that Persona can join those ranks. Perhaps they'll do this again for other Atlus titles? Maybe Kit Harrington for Unicorn Overlord? Or Timothee Chalamet for Metaphor: ReFantazio? Too much?

Persona 3 Reload launches on February 2 to PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Game Pass. If you're interested, check out our latest preview of the game.

The post Persona 3 Reload goes live-action with odd new trailer starring Aidan Gallagher appeared first on Destructoid.

Source: https://www.destructoid.com/persona-3-r ... -gallagher
Destructoid

Return to “General Discussion”