A pair of modern NES games are being compiled in The Adventures of Panzer: Legacy Collection

Talk all random video game discussion here.

Destructoid
Corporate

A pair of modern NES games are being compiled in The Adventures of Panzer: Legacy Collection

Post by Destructoid »

Ratalaika has announced that they’re publishing a collection of the two modern NES titles of the The Adventures of Panzer series. The Adventures of Panzer: Legacy Collection comes to Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, and Switch on January 26, 2024.

The original Adventures of Panzer title was released back in 2021 by Pixelcraft Games. It was built in NES Maker, which means that it runs on original NES hardware. A Kickstarter in 2022 allowed them to also publish the game on cartridge. The Adventures of Panzer 2 followed it up in 2023, and also went through Kickstarter for physical publishing.

Both games are action platformers, both touting a humorous and light-hearted narrative. The first game sees the eponymous Panzer traveling to five different levels to try and assemble his old team. The second game, set a year after the events of the first, sees that team fighting “a new evil.” In addition to being longer at 9 levels, you're also able to switch between the four characters.

Not much is said about the added features of the port, if any.

The NES is my happy place. Even though I was too young for it to really make an impact on my childhood, I’ve grown to love the simple graphics common on the system enforced by its hardware limitations. What I find weird about Adventures of Panzer is that the little characters look like they’re in a completely different resolution than the rest of the game, but they’re not, so maybe the pixel doubling is just a design decision. Weird.

The Adventures of Panzer: Legacy Collection releases on Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, and Switch on January 26, 2024. It’s worth noting that at $8.99, the collection is roughly $2 more than buying the two games individually for PC on itch.io.

The post A pair of modern NES games are being compiled in The Adventures of Panzer: Legacy Collection appeared first on Destructoid.

Source: https://www.destructoid.com/a-pair-of-m ... collection
Destructoid

Return to “General Discussion”