Cringe rant about how I grew to hate the PS4 and came to love the PS3.

[Released: 2006] The PS3 was the first console to use Blu-ray Disc as its primary storage medium. In September 2009 the updated PlayStation 3 Slim, was released. A further refined Super Slim design was also released.

/p3
Corporate

Cringe rant about how I grew to hate the PS4 and came to love the PS3.

Post by /p3 »

I was one of the thousands who got a PS4 for Christmas only to get fucked up by the Lizard Squad outage. Unable to play for 3 or so days, and so I forgot to pickup the free PS3 game. After that, paying for PS plus felt unreliable. "Oh man, but you get "free" games each month!" Well, what if I don't want free games, just online? Its just there to make PS plus seem like a fair deal.

There was no intrigue or magic in the PS4 for me. There is no backwards compatibility, no PShome, no Other Os. The PS3 was a multi-media, computer-lite device, with a heavy emphasis on using it to store files. while the PS4 is mostly gaming and streaming focused. I was confused when some games still ran at 30fps on the PS4. I really thought that generation would target 60fps, or at least, give me options for performance.

Two years later, I sold the PS4 and built a budget PC with leftover money. Its good, but I still come back to the PS3, just to enjoy the simplicity, free online, and media. Since all PS3 games have to fit on a disc, game sizes are low, and you can have dozens games loaded even on a 160gb drive, all without all the 50gb update bs we have come to know now. No uninstall roulette. I still regard games that come from the 2005-2014 era to be the best, and not a lot of new games catch my eye. So there's still a reason to play PS3.

TLDR: i am sour because i have to pay for ps4 online, and the ps4 didn't feel like a true next gen upgrade. a pc broke the cycle and gave me the features ps3 had long ago.
submitted by /u/jasonrichtennity
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/1 ... e_ps4_and/
/p3

Return to “PlayStation 3 Forum”