Autoplay Tutorial for Added Games on the SNES Classic

[Released: 2017] A successor to the NES Classic Edition, this remake comes with twenty-one Super NES titles pre-installed, including the official release of Star Fox 2.

/classicSNESmini
Bustin' Moves

Autoplay Tutorial for Added Games on the SNES Classic

Post by /classicSNESmini »

I know there's a few tutorials for creating autoplays for added games on the SNES Classic using the default emulator, but I figure I'd put up a more up-to-date tutorial on the matter with the tactics I use. I still recommend having the console hooked up to your PC to make the process easier. I'm using Hakchi v3.9.3.
  • Before doing anything, I'd recommend creating an autoplay (IN LOW CAPS) folder within your added game's folder. Save this for later.
  • On your added game, change -rollback-snapshot-period's number to around 600000, and add -rollback-discard-data to the command line. This is to ensure your desired autoplay starts at the right point you want, and lasts as long as it needs to be.
  • Start your game and find a point you wish to record. If you wish to record the demo mode or introduction, just let it sit for a while. When it's finished, hit reset and save state. If there's a gameplay portion you wish to record, exit the game and save state. From there, use the built-in rewind feature and skip to the last frame. Hit start, and begin playing the game from there. When you're done, exit the game and either overwrite your save state or create a new one.
  • Once finished, return to Hakchi and use the Save State Manager to extract your save states to the autoplay folder in step 1.
  • You'll need to use 7-Zip to access the CLVS file. Open a few folders inside, and eventually you'll be greeted with folders called suspendpoint, followed by the number (1-4) the state was saved to. Inside each is a rollback folder, which contains your autoplay data. No matter which folder you access, they'll have three files. 0.break, 0.inputs, and 1.break. Delete the 1.break file since you don't need it.
  • Rename 0.inputs to A.inputs, or whichever letter comes after it. It seems to go as far as the letter P, but I haven't tested if it goes beyond that.
  • Rename 0.break to A.inputs.state, and confirm the format change. Then just move the files to your game's autoplay directory. Rinse and repeat this process for the other suspend points you made with the next letter after.
  • Sync the game back to your SNES Classic, and wait for it to play in Classic Demo mode. If it plays properly, then it works!

This process is a lot easier to do than the NES Classic's, though I am still considering creating my own autoplays for people who need it in a hurry. Let me know!
submitted by /u/LongjumpingPitch6
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/RockinTheClass ... _the_snes/
/classicSNESmini

Return to “SNES Classic Edition Forum”