USB Host mode doesn't work (Hakchi2 CE v3.9.3)

[Released: 2017] A successor to the NES Classic Edition, this remake comes with twenty-one Super NES titles pre-installed, including the official release of Star Fox 2.

/classicSNESmini
Bustin' Moves

USB Host mode doesn't work (Hakchi2 CE v3.9.3)

Post by /classicSNESmini »

Hi everyone,

I have Hakchi2 CE v3.9.3 and NES Mini Classic.
After flashing a kernel and adding few games everything seems to be working fine.
I really liked the idea of having an USB drive to export games to so I don't have to plug my NES to a PC every time I wanted to add more games.

I removed all but default games from NES, syncronized it, then added new games (which I tested as working for sure before) to the catalog then did "Export to USB" to a small 4GB drive. USB was formatted as FAT32 and all folders and games seems to show up. When USB plugged though OTG cable I only see default games, nothing from added to USB. I am not sure what I am missing here.

I am pretty sure this trick worked before (with the same OTG cable) but with some other Hakchi version I've tried many years ago. BUT I do remember I had to explicitly select 'Enable USB Host' somewhere in the interface. I cannot find this option now in Hakchi2 CE v3.9.3 and wondering if this is something missing to make it all work. Do I need to install any specific mod, kernel etc. to enable my NES to see and run games exported to USB drive? Thanks!
submitted by /u/SergeyAY
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/RockinTheClass ... 2_ce_v393/
/classicSNESmini

Return to “SNES Classic Edition Forum”