Fond SNES Memories.

[Released: 1990] The SNES was the best-selling console of the 16-bit era despite its relatively late start and the fierce competition it faced. The console was able to run some of the first three-dimensional video games on consoles, beginning with Star Fox.

/snes
Corporate

Fond SNES Memories.

Post by /snes »

Some of my fondest SNES memories will always be seeing my parents fall in love with games like Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, and Donkey Kong Country.

There was a time when my dad had bought a SNES for a cousin of mine in Mexico, it came bundled with DKC, and I remember him saying "Well we should at least test it before we send it to him, right?" and he opened it up and hooked it up and we spent the whole day playing the game.

I also remember bonding with cousins and my uncle over the console. Like the time my uncle came over ecstatic as heck because he had acquired Mortal Kombat 2 and he had already mastered fatalities on the arcade version. I had never seen such violence in a game before, lol.

I grew up with the console, even into the days of the 32 and 64-eras, since we couldn't afford the latest things my dad would find SNES games at a discount at stores and flea markets. I have so many game soundtracks embedded in my brain that I hum them to this day.

The RPGs and adventure games on the console blossomed my passion for writing, because I felt I wanted to tell great stories like A Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger, and Super Mario RPG.

What are some of your fond SNES memories?
submitted by /u/mmofrki
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/snes/comments/ ... _memories/
/snes

Return to “Super Nintendo Forum”