What Actual File Format's Are Used By Swiss GC On GameCube (GameCube DOL-001)?

[Released: 2001] The GameCube, with the Game Boy Player attachment, it is able to play Game Boy/Color, and Game Boy Advance titles. It's successor, the Wii, supports backward compatibility. Panasonic released a DVD player hybrid Gamecube.

/gamecube
Corporate

What Actual File Format's Are Used By Swiss GC On GameCube (GameCube DOL-001)?

Post by /gamecube »

So I went through the hell of eBay recently to get a broken GameCube for the first one, had the seller bullshit that it was working in transit but it clearly had a faulty disc reader.

I preface this just to say how shitty eBay has become for this kind of thing and to tell everyone else to just get a Wii or emulate.

That being noted, the second GameCube I ended up getting seems to boot into Swiss GC with Wind Walker just fine.

My main issue is that I got a huge amount of ISOs from the Archive.org rips and placed them into a related games folder on the root of the related SD card which I'm using via the serial port 2 adapter on the bottom of the GameCube.

Thing is, when I try to boot into any of these games, I get this message:

"File is a bad dump but may be playable. Please attempt recovery using nkit"

These .iso roms were straight up from the r/ /roms megathread.

I am confused. Is .iso not a legit format for Swiss on an actual GameCube? Do I have to somehow convert these same .isos to .nkit? Do I have to convert these to .nkit.iso, or convert to nkit rvz?

Or do I need to get other tips instead or re-copy and paste them onto the SD card?

Thanks!
submitted by /u/BackToPlebbit69
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Gamecube/comme ... iss_gc_on/
/gamecube

Return to “Gamecube Forum”