Raspberry Pi 5 - Can't Plug Into USB 3.0 & USB 2.0 Ports (Too Tight)

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Raspberry Pi 5 - Can't Plug Into USB 3.0 & USB 2.0 Ports (Too Tight)

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I recently purchased this Raspberry Pi 5 starter kit from CanaKit (the 8GB version). I have found that I cannot plug any devices into both USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports, as they are too "tight" (yes, I rotated 180º).

I handled everything extremely carefully and did not force the devices in. It seems unlikely that all four USB ports are defective. Could this be a shipping-related issue? Has anyone else experienced this?

These are the steps I followed after unboxing and securing the case:
  • Inserted the Micro SD card, which was pre-loaded with Raspberry Pi OS (successfully)
  • Connected the USB-C power cable to the Raspberry Pi and outlet (successfully)
  • Connected the HDMI cable to the Raspberry Pi and monitor (successfully)
  • Tried to connect by USB 3.0 wireless mouse/keyboard receivers (unsuccessfully)
  • Removed the case and repeated step 4 (same result)
  • Tried to connect the USB 2.0 card reader dongle provided by CanaKit (unsuccessfully)

I've confirmed that the USB devices are compatible with other ports (e.g., on a 2015 MacBook Pro). I've found a few similar issues such as this one, but the majority are for different Pi versions.
submitted by /u/Artistic_Love2912
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... _20_ports/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”