PS2 vs PS3 controller delay

[Released: 2000] The PS2 was video game console of all time, selling over 150 million units. More than 3,800 game titles have been released for the PS2 since launch, and more than 1.5 billion copies have been sold.

/playstation2
Corporate

PS2 vs PS3 controller delay

Post by /playstation2 »

Hello.

I have PS2 connected to my UHD TV and there seems to be a delay. The delay is not that bad but the delay seems to be worse then PS3.

I currently play Ratchet and Clank and I also bought the PS2 version. I have that HD collection for PS3 as well and when I tried to play on PS2 the delay kinda threw off my timing for evading/jumping etc... because of the delay.

For example on my PS2 if I push my right analog stick to the left I have time to turn my head to the left and at the same time I look to the left the camera in the game turns left.

Whereas on my PS3 I don't have time to turn my head to the left - the camera is already turning left.

I used to play on PS2 about 15 years ago so I can't say for sure this is just a normal delay on PS2. I did read some posts saying you should turn off any post-processign stuff on your TV and I did that and the delay may be a little bit lower but still is there.

I'd just like to know if there really is bigger delay on PS2 as compared to PS3. It would make sense. Maybe that's why we remember sucking at games we now don't really have problems with on PS3/PS4/PS5. We used to jump at the exact time we wanted to jump but the delay f-ed us.
submitted by /u/Martanius105
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/ps2/comments/1 ... ler_delay/
/playstation2

Return to “PlayStation 2 Forum”