Autometers ACL 500

A video game arcade cabinet, also known as a video arcade machine or video coin-op, is the housing within which a video arcade game's hardware resides. Most cabinets designed since the 1990's conform to the JAMMA wiring standard.

/Arcade
Bustin' Moves

Autometers ACL 500

Post by /Arcade »

Hi All.

I’ve come across an Autometers ACL 500 Coin Operated Timer.

Opening it up there are connectors for Live,Neutral and Earth. I wired and powered it on expecting to need to then wire a feed out to the respective device I wanted to power on upon entering coins / setting to free play but the other live terminals were giving power out regardless of there being money inserted or not ! Would anyone happen to know if I need to wire the feed out differently ? Nothing else is obvious on the board. I did have a look at the back of the board and it seems a previous owner has broke through a trace but that looks to be earthing related. I bridged that with some solder in the event that was causing it to override some how but resulted in the same.

Can anyone shed any light on what may be the problem or know anymore about the workings ? I’ve attached some pictures. You’ll see where the repair was done to bridge the trace on the rear of the board.

Cheers.
submitted by /u/TheComputerTech
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/coinop/comment ... s_acl_500/
/Arcade

Return to “Arcade Cabinet Forum”