Is this salvageable?

[Released: 1989] The Game Boy is Nintendo's second handheld system following the Game & Watch series. Despite many other technologically superior handheld consoles introduced during its lifetime, the Game Boy was a tremendous success.

/gameboy
Corporate

Is this salvageable?

Post by /gameboy »

Hey guys! I’m new here and I have no experience on refurbishing old cartridges or any electronic component before. A friend of mine gave me his old Pokemon Pinball cartridge just to find that he left the AAA battery there for god only knows how many years. As expected, the battery decomposed and made a bit of a mess. First, my GBA didn’t even get to power up the screen with the cartridge on but today I finally got the screwdriver to open it and tried to clean it with isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush. There were lots of those blueish spots that I had to scratch since they wouldn’t come off usung just the toothbrush, but I managed to clean most of it and now at least I get to the GAME BOY title screen but with a glitched Nintendo logo and it just freezes there. Does anybody see anthing wrong on the 2nd pic? The third picture shows the only place where I couldn’t get rid at all of that blueish thing, I think the rest of the cartridge is reasonably clean. Also I’m worried about the pins maybd being scratched too harshly, do they look fucked up? If not, what else could be the problem? Sorry for my English btw ^
submitted by /u/Capitan_Ishida
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Gameboy/commen ... lvageable/
/gameboy

Return to “Game Boy Forum”