Got my first PC Engine on my trip to Nagoya this month

Discuss anything related to PC Engine, TurboGrafx-16, NEC, Hudson Soft, or TTI.

/turboG16
Bustin' Moves

Got my first PC Engine on my trip to Nagoya this month

Post by /turboG16 »

The loot: Ready-to-play Core Grafx with 4 games

Have been visiting Japan for years but this is the first time dipping into retro game shops. I'll have to thank the PC Engine Mini for introducing me to a gaming world I missed out on as a kid. Didn't have much time for myself, but dropped by a couple of shops in Osu and picked up a few games that are meaningful to me: 1) Bomberman 94 which I played on Wii VC with my wife when we were still dating; 2) Super Momotaro Dentetsu II which my son loves playing with me on the PC Engine Mini; 3) Legend of Valkyrie which I've played through once every few years on emulator and 4) Hellfire S which I recently played on my Powkiddy and really like the music from.

Not sure whether to get something that can play CD games (such as the Analogue Duo) or not as I can already emulate through my retro handhelds and Analogue Duo but I can listen to Hellfire's soundtrack on my old discman and that's p cool. On my next trip, I'll be keeping an eye out for Soldier Blade again as that's the game I've been playing the most on my Mini and handhelds... The prices online are out of control.

Would the Retrotink 2x be a good pickup for HDMI? Or should I consider picking up an old CRT?
submitted by /u/zhaoway
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/TurboGrafx/com ... goya_this/
/turboG16

Return to “General Discussion”