FatXplorer Lock/Unlock

[Released: 2001] The Xbox was Microsoft's first video game console after collaborating with Sega to port Windows CE to the Dreamcast console and was the first console offered by an American company after the Atari Jaguar stopped sales in 1996.

/xbox
Corporate

FatXplorer Lock/Unlock

Post by /xbox »

I figured I would try FatX's lock/unlock tool instead of doing the hotswap Error 12 method. It took a few attempts to unlock and remove password, but finally did it. I transferred the files I wanted and tried to lock it back, but it would only allow me to Set or Remove Password. I ticked the 'all 1's' box multiple times, removed power from the hdd, removed usb adapter from pc, multiple attempts at removing passwords, but the Lock feature would never enable.

I then tried XboxHdmUSBbeta4, it kept saying Security High, Not Locked, Not Frozen. I tried Safe Mode as well. So next I copied my eeprom.bin of the unlocked hdd to another xbox's Y\ and tried to lock it with Chimp 261812, but it wouldn't recognize it. Some letters were cut off the screen but it looked like it said couldn't enable. I tried setting it to Slave and Master. The hdd was powered by the Startech's molex splitter, I hotswapped just like I've done successfully before, waited a bit, and then pressed A when it said to.

I went back and forth between FatX removing passwords with the 1's ticked, and XboxHdm, checking lock status, trying to lock, normal mode, safe mode, nothing. But after several attempts, when I checked the lock status of XboxHdm, it said Locked, just randomly. I checked lock status again, it said couldn't read device or something.

After several back and forths of that, I took a chance and just put it back in the xbox and it didn't error 05, just booted normally, but it appeared it wiped my F\ and G\, they were showing empty. It let me browse F\, but clicking on G\ reverted to the previous folder, like it didnt exist. and E\ now only showed 120GB. I opened up XBP 1.3 and F\ still showed 927GB with 64kb, but G\ showed 0GB with 2014XXXX, the numbers all ran together, couldn't make out past 2014. I didnt see an ER in there anywhere, just a bunch of numbers. It let me correct it and G now shows 927 with 64.

I then loaded Emustation to see what all was corrupt, but F and G that were previously empty, now are full of games and emulators, just like it was prior. I started browsing and launched UnleashX so I could see X, Y, and Z, looked fine. Went back to Emustation and now my F\Games is empty with a copy of UnleashX installed, F\Homebrew is empty, and when I try to launch any App in F\Apps, it just reloads Emustation, doesn't matter if I select the xbe or from the list.

I'm fine with what happened, its a beta, I've made plenty of mistakes before and learned from them, I'm just confused on if I did something wrong to lock/unlock, and why did my F and G go crazy. Are all the games and homebrew that were on F permanently gone, and replaced by a dupe of UnleashX? Why don't any of the apps launch?

No hardmod comments, pls. I suck at soldering and have fun with softmods. It's a v1.6, WD20EZAZ, Startech adapter, 80 wire. I've been using it the past few weeks, installing games, etc, has worked fine. If I have to wipe the drive and start fresh again, what's my next step?

Tks.
submitted by /u/bomb447
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/c ... ockunlock/
/xbox

Return to “Xbox Forum”