The NES zapper rumble motor mod

[Released: 2016] Licensed miniature replica NES that includes a static library of 30 built-in games supporting save states.

/classicNES
Bustin' Moves

The NES zapper rumble motor mod

Post by /classicNES »

I had no idea you needed an old tv to play duckhunt when i first bought my NES zapper. Since i didn't have enough space in my room for such a TV i then desided i was going to try soldering for the first time.

A picture showing how the mod should look like when finished.

Items needed:

-NES lightgun

-pliers

-sandpaper

-wires

-rumble motor

-AAA-battery

-AAA-battery holder

-soldering kit

1) To make this mod you have to first dissasemble the light gun. Take out all the screws and desolder the button from the sensor. If you are lazy you can also use sciccors to cut the wires of. If you want to desolder the button from the sensor i would suggest taking off the scews holding the button inplace.

2) Take out some tools to remove unneccesary plastic. I would suggest using sandpaper and pliers.

3) Once you have removed uneccesary plastic you will need to solder everything together. Take out your soldering kit, rumble motor, a AAA-battery holder and some wires. I personally used a little more than 10cm of wire. Solder everything together as shown in the picture.

4) Once you have soldered everything togehter, get some glue and glue the motor and the AAA-battery holder in the places shown in the picture.

5) Now that the components are glued you need to place the plastic box holding the button and trigger back into it's original place. Remember to hide the wires underneath the box. After that get your button and place it back into the box. Screw the box together.

6) Place a AAA-battery in the battery holder.

7) Put the light gun back together.

You have now turned your old NES zapper into a cool desk toy!

This is my first ever experience with soldering. Not as hard as i imagined it to be. I have thought of an improvement to make it better. My new idea is to swith places with the batteryholder and the motor. This makes you feel the vibration more. I hope this helps whoever has the same wierd ideas as me.
submitted by /u/BewareB3ar
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods ... motor_mod/
/classicNES

Return to “NES Classic Edition Forum”