Long Story - Sad Ending

[Released: 2006] The PS3 was the first console to use Blu-ray Disc as its primary storage medium. In September 2009 the updated PlayStation 3 Slim, was released. A further refined Super Slim design was also released.

/p3
Corporate

Long Story - Sad Ending

Post by /p3 »

So back in 2011 I got myself a PS3 with Battlefield 3 and played the absolute heck out of it.

When I was done with Battlefield, I only played a couple more games and for the better part of a decade now the console has been sitting on my shelf.

That was until about a month or so ago when I decided to put together a decent collection of basically every game I wanted to play and hadn't yet, which amounted to more than 50 games.

Now, the idea was not to collect for the sake of collecting but to actually play the games so I started working my way through the catalogue by playing Dirt 3 and for almost a week I'm having a blast.

Until tonight, when I was playing one of the last events of the fourth and final season of the career mode and after crossing the finish line, instead of the final standings popping up, the game just started replaying the event on loop and nothing else.

So I waited for a little while and when it became clear that nothing was going to happen I decided to shut down the game, which resulted in the whole console rebooting, after which the console wouldn't even recognize the disc.

Well, I rebooted the console a couple more times and tried to boot up some other games but even after it started recognizing the discs again it never gets passed the loading screen on any of them and once the error 8001002B popped up.

This suggests there's something wrong with the disc drive's laser, but considering I don't own a Torx T8 screwdriver with a hole in the middle (thanks Sony) I can't even open up the console to try to clean the drive in case that would help.

Which brings me to sitting here with 50+ unplayed games and a console that won't read any of them. So, as a wise man once said - my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

TL;DR - I just put together a decent game collection and before I even got through one game the console stopped reading discs and I'm sadge.
submitted by /u/FaceTransplant
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/1 ... ad_ending/
/p3

Return to “PlayStation 3 Forum”