Soldering

[Released: 2001] The Xbox was Microsoft's first video game console after collaborating with Sega to port Windows CE to the Dreamcast console and was the first console offered by an American company after the Atari Jaguar stopped sales in 1996.

/xbox
Corporate

Soldering

Post by /xbox »

Hello folks, this question is more about soldering than xbox. I noticed my (mistake?) during hard modding so I thought I would ask here.

After removing a cap, to clear the hole I usually put my wick over the hole and then my soldering iron through the wick through the hole, which cleans the hole nicely of any solder. I’ve been using the method for as long as I can remember, but I’m more of a hobbyist, so the sample may be too little, and it has never caused any damage for me. I’ve noticed that nobody on youtube, including soldering experts, use this method. Is it wrong? Can that cause damage to the layers of the board? Why does nobody do this when it’s a lot easier than adding solder to hole and wicking it up again?

I would appreciate any insight of this since I think it’s not only about preference, there should be more people doing this if it was only preference. Thank you.
submitted by /u/emptyyy123
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/c ... soldering/
/xbox

Return to “Xbox Forum”