[Game of the Month competition] F-Zero: Maximum Velocity

[Released: 1989] The Game Boy is Nintendo's second handheld system following the Game & Watch series. Despite many other technologically superior handheld consoles introduced during its lifetime, the Game Boy was a tremendous success.

/gameboy
Corporate

[Game of the Month competition] F-Zero: Maximum Velocity

Post by /gameboy »

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity

Play the Game of the Month and win prizes! Click the link below to view the kickoff thread, which includes the detailed rules.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gameboy/comments/105yy29/game_of_the_month_yearlong_competition_kickoff/

Quick rules:
- Play the Game of the Month and try to reach the specified milestones. Earn points and compete with other redditors.
- Start a fresh new game, no earlier than November 1!
- Take a picture of your screen with your username written on a piece of paper. Post it here in the thread for all to see.
- Half-point and one-point milestones can be earned at any time during the year. Post your screenshot in this month's thread to make sure I see it.
- Emulation is okay, but no cheating! Check detailed rules for more info.

What are the prizes?
Over the year, the prize pool formulates as I slowly gather goodies. I'll separate the prizes into 4 bundles. Usually the bundles include Game Boy games (all generations) and other GB-related trinkets.

Prize donors: Let me know if you're willing to donate prizes to this year's prize pool! Prize donors get 2 votes for next month's GOTM and my eternal admiration.

Previous Months
January - Sonic Advance 3
February - Wario Land: SML3
March - Hamtaro: Ham-Hams Unite!
April - River City Ransom EX
May - Bonk's Adventure & Jurassic Park 2
June - Classic Bubble Bobble
July - Golden Sun & Lost Age
August - Donkey Kong Land III
September - Pokemon Puzzle Challenge
October - Mega Man Zero 3

Next month
Check the comments to vote for next month's game!
This month
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Create a new Entry and enter your username. Select Grand Prix. Use any car you've (legitimately) unlocked for any race. If you complete Pawn, Knight, and Bishop on Expert, you'll unlock Queen. I won't make anyone play on Master mode.

Half-point: Complete the Pawn Circuit on Expert.
One point: Complete the Knight circuit on Expert. Two points: Complete the (Bishop and) Queen circuit on Expert.

Competition: Select Training, and choose one of the four default vehicles. (Hot Violet, Fire Ball, J. B. Crystal, or Wind Walker) Put the COM on No Entry. Select the Knight class and do the first race (Snake Circuit). The fastest 5-lap time will be worth two bonus points, 2nd place will be worth one bonus point.
Leaderboards
November
Pos. User points
Pos. User Points 1 u/ndcurtis2 24 - u/scottiedog321 24 - u/xukkorz 24 4 u/marcao_cfh 23 - u/RhvK 23 6 u/KevenIsNotADork 18 - u/r0cky 18 8 u/playingtime2023 13 9 u/Significant-Coat5052 11 10 u/EsotericTriangle 10.5 - u/iprizefighter 10.5 12 u/Deafboy91 9 - u/zaiueo 9 14 u/Chaospapst 8 15 u/Estazolam 7 - u/il_cappuccino 7 - u/Sarynnn 7 18 u/AstraDrgn 6 - u/Marth171 6 - u/nerdvana89 6 - u/yellowseven 6 22 u/LegendofCastro 5 23 u/DiscoMonkeyz 4 - u/keefmastaflex 4 - u/MaterialHighway5 4 - u/mrsirvantes 4 - u/rasputinas 4 - u/TdZink 4 29 u/Omnibushido 3.5 30 u/bringzanoize 3 - u/davidisgreat1 3 32 u/SpreeBC225 2.5 33 u/Aeredren 2 - u/archfear 2 - u/Bryanx64 2 - u/Conch5 2 - u/GingerTartanCow 2 - u/is0t0nik 2 - u/NNVsOmen 2 - u/Sombreroperro 2 - u/TheLobst3r 2 - u/TraditionDue3062 2 - u/valerusii 2 - u/Vanillahumps 2 - u/zgub4 2 46 u/Great-Opposite 1.5 - u/orangetag001 1.5 48 u/Bag0fSwag 1 - u/JonThysell 1 - u/Omqwat 1 - u/VesperOrpheus16 1 - u/wiedo 1 53 u/2dollasoda 0.5 - u/angpug1 0.5 - u/bangradio24 0.5 - u/f_cacti 0.5 submitted by /u/alanbbent
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Gameboy/commen ... o_maximum/
/gameboy

Return to “Game Boy Forum”