Exclusive: Checking Out Gesture Art & Design With Their First Game, Food Flight

Bringing the arcade home. Forum for arcade owners.

Arcade Heroes
Bustin' Moves

Exclusive: Checking Out Gesture Art & Design With Their First Game, Food Flight

Post by Arcade Heroes »

Over a decade ago, I had the pleasure of travelling out to Orange County, CA and getting to play the then-new Dirty Drivin’ at the HQ of Specular Interactive. It was both fun and fascinating to see behind-the-scenes of how an arcade game was made.

I’ve wanted to do more stories like that and today, I get to fulfill that by giving you a preview of a new arrival in the market – Gesture Art & Design. Interestingly enough, this one is also based out of Southern California.

Gesture Art & Design is currently spearheaded by Tawei (David) Lin and Ben Sherman, their backgrounds coming from finance and game design/production, respectively. I’ve gotten to know them over the past couple of months and what impresses me about them is that despite no former professional experience in the arcade space, they’ve done a huge amount of research to get a feel for what operators need and want – from attending Amusement Expo 2023 in Las Vegas, to interviewing distributors and operators alike, asking them what their concerns are, and what it is that they would like to see. They’ve also spent a lot of time at arcade venues, like Dave & Busters, both playing and observing other players to see what it is that customers get into.
Food Flight

Their first game is called Food Flight, which will debut at booth #3582 at the IAAPA 2023 show, Nov. 14th-18th. A website detailing the game launched this morning, which you can check out here if you’d like. Designed first as a purchase directly through our website. We will also be working with as many industry distributors as we can to serve as many operators as possible.

Let us know at tdl@gestureartanddesign.com if you’re interested in a location test at your Arcade!

AH: What would you say to a jaded operator who never invests in the first game from a new developer?

GAAD: Please give us a chance to earn your trust.

We understand that it’s risky to invest in boundary-pushing innovation and that you’re tired of buying expensive games that barely earn for you. We understand that you’re sick of fixing broken machines and that you just want to offer a fun experience that will delight your players.
We truly believe that FOOD FLIGHT is a unique experience that will bring joy to your arcade at an incredible value.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/s7VDOUPtm ... ransparent

https://www.youtube.com/embed/BFTEowCNT ... ransparent

Thanks to David & Ben for providing all of the information
Disclosure: I was paid a consultancy fee and my travel was covered for developing this story. 
The post Exclusive: Checking Out Gesture Art & Design With Their First Game, Food Flight appeared first on Arcade Heroes.

Source: https://arcadeheroes.com/2023/10/30/food-flight/
Arcade Heroes

Return to “Arcade & Candy Cabinets”