Should I pull it out and dust it off for all to see?

[Released: 1998] Born out of Sega's darkest hour to decide whether the company stays in the hardware business. Even though it didn't officially last long in the US, it was continued selling in Japan and spawned some great 2D Japanese shooters.

/dreamcast
Corporate

Should I pull it out and dust it off for all to see?

Post by /dreamcast »

Well, I've been debating this post in my head for a while now and I've finally decided to post it since finding this thread, lurking here a bit, and realizing there might be some hope for my once great machine.

Give this a bump if you're all interested in what I may find.

I bought a DC a long time ago (I think it may have been before the PS2 came out). We enjoyed it as a family. My kids especially loved playing Toy Commander.

I spent years in the military, moved many times, and lost many items. Still, the other day, while going through some old plastic crates, I found the DC. I forgot that I might still have it. I know for a fact all the games were lost (along with hundreds of DVDs, Blu Rays, and CDs) thanks to military shipping being what it is.

I was thinking about opening it up, taking photos of what I have, hearing your suggestions for the best way to revive it, and selling/trading things I might have to those of you who are huge DC fans and need something I have. I believe I have somewhere around 5 or 6 controllers, a couple guns, and at least 2 of the VMUs. I will not want to sell anything that I may need in order to enjoy the system again but, I will sell and/or trade things I do not need which may help one of you out. I'll likely also be searching for help in fixing anything which may not operate correctly.

Thanks in advance for your interest.
submitted by /u/TheHODLerKing
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/dreamcast/comm ... or_all_to/
/dreamcast

Return to “Dreamcast Forums”