NESRGB Screen Stutter

[Released: 1983] The best-selling gaming console of its time. With the NES, Nintendo introduced a now-standard business model of licensing third-party developers, authorizing them to produce and distribute software for Nintendo's platform.

/nes
Corporate

NESRGB Screen Stutter

Post by /nes »

I bought an NESRGB and installed it into my Famicom AV awhile ago. It looks absolutely FANTASTIC on my JVC CRT. (Especially compared to the composite, which is particularly bad on this thing, even starting to have a green glow at the top of the screen.) It's almost what I would consider the best possible NES/Famicom experience. I say *almost* because the one annoying thing is that certain scanlines have an annoying, headache-inducing *wiggle* effect. What's confusing is that some games don't experience it at all. And it is relatively minor when it happens, but it's definitely noticable. It tends to happen when text is on screen. Any idea how I may go about fixing it? Oh also, it only happens on my CRT. When converting it to HDMI for my flatscreen, I don't notice it at all. (Although this may be because it's so slight that the converter doesn't even pick it up.)

Oh, and if it matters, I'm using YPbPr for it, as I couldn't get true RGB through SCART working, which is somewhat troubling because I'm using the same cable(s) for my SNES, and it has no issues with either cable on the CRT. I can record the issue and upload the video...somewhere (any suggestions?) if it would help.

Tl;dr, why do some scanlines wiggle in some games?
submitted by /u/GeBeCluck23
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/nes/comments/1 ... n_stutter/
/nes

Return to “Nintendo Entertainment System Forum”