Incorrect i2c address on the pico?

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Incorrect i2c address on the pico?

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I hope this is the right community for this question.

I am really new to i2c addressing using circuitpython, so there might be something obvious I've missed.

I am using the LSM303D compass and accelerometer module and I am having trouble with the i2c address. The documentation says it will use the 0x1e and the 0x19 address (acc. and mag. meter respectively), but when I run the code it all comes back with "No I2C device at address: 0x19/0x1e". When I run an i2c test, the only port it detects is the 0x1d, which is only mentioned on the physical sensor itself with a little silkscreen marking.

I have tried reflashing circuitpython, I've used 2 separate picos (although they both had micropython installed on them previously, but I don't think that's the issue) and I have even tried bypassing the breadboard by plugging everything into the pico directly.

I am using the Adafruit Circiutpython bundle and have tried both the version 7 and 8, with the same results. From the bundle I have both the .mpy files for the 2 sensors as well as the register folder.

Any ides would be helpful and thank you in advance.
submitted by /u/chilling_here
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... _the_pico/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”