FMCB Not booting anymore

[Released: 2000] The PS2 was video game console of all time, selling over 150 million units. More than 3,800 game titles have been released for the PS2 since launch, and more than 1.5 billion copies have been sold.

/playstation2
Corporate

FMCB Not booting anymore

Post by /playstation2 »

Hi, folks.

I've been using a memory card that I configured to be my FMCB card for a while, and it worked with no issues at all.

Until now, because it turns out that now I cannot boot into FMCB at all. I tried several things to make it run and made sure to check if it was maybe the memory card or something, but it seems to work normally, just not booting FMCB.

Everything else works on the console with no problems, the console itself is already modded to read homebrew DVDs, but I used FMCB and OPL to load games from the PC via ethernet, and it worked up until last month, which was the last time I did this test, but today when I was doing some tests to use Popstarter, the memory card just stopped booting.

Does anyone have any idea of what could have caused the issue or something? When I turned the console after a couple of fails, I noticed that the memory card just had a save file for timesplitters 1, and I deleted it, but that was it, I didn't delete anything else at all, but even then, I still can't get it to work.

Can someone help me to find a solution? Thanks a lot

Note: I made the memory card myself by using FreeDVDBoot and loading the files onto the memory card myself, but it worked with no issues before.
submitted by /u/AeonCarnby
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/ps2/comments/1 ... g_anymore/
/playstation2

Return to “PlayStation 2 Forum”