Using a Pi Zero W to connect a Steam Controller over bluetooth and emulate a USB gamepad

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Using a Pi Zero W to connect a Steam Controller over bluetooth and emulate a USB gamepad

Post by /RaspberryPi »

I'm not sure this is the right subreddit for this, but here goes.

I want to use a Pi Zero W to make a Bluetooth gamepad appear as a USB gamepad. A bluetooth dongle will not do what I need to do.

The details: The gamepad is a Steam Controller. The target system is a Nintendo switch. This "doesn't work." However, I see that there's 3 open-source projects that I might be able to put together on a Pi.
I'm hoping that I can get the appropriate USB descriptors from woff-grinder, the gamepad input from sc-controller, and the gamepad output from gadget_hid, then I'll need a small application to pipe the sc-controller output into the gamepad output.

Does this sound like it would work? Have you ever seen a project similar to this that I might be able to modify? Is this a terrible idea?
submitted by /u/Owboduz
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... ontroller/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”