Cannot get CUPS working on Raspberry Pi

The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries.

/RaspberryPi
Corporate

Cannot get CUPS working on Raspberry Pi

Post by /RaspberryPi »

Hey all, I am having a lot of trouble getting CUPS to work on my Raspberry Pi Zero W running Raspbian OS bullseye (32 bit), here are the steps that I took.

(Guide that I am using for reference.)
  • I used Raspberry Pi Imager to flash the SD Card, enabled SSH, and connect to Wifi.
  • Once SSHed into the Pi, I ran:sudo apt updatesudo apt upgradewhich upgraded libfuse2
  • Then I ransudo apt install cupsonly to find out that CUPS 2.3.3op2 is already included in the newest version of Raspbian
  • Afterwards I reboot the Pi and ransystemctl status cupsto make sure that CUPS runs at boot
  • Once rebooted I ransudo usermod -a -G lpadmin pito add the 'pi' user to lpadmin and confirmed that it was added by runningcat /etc/group | grep lpadminand gettinglpadmin:x:117:root,piin return.
  • Next I ransudo apt-get install foomatic-dbto install all of the needed printer drivers. Runningapt list –installed | grep foomatic-dbfailed and return this errorE: input:0-12: error: Expected pattern–installed^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • After I restarted CUPS withsudo systemctl restart cupsand went onto the WebGUI
  • On the WebGUI, I logged into the admin page and selected my Samsung printer. Once I clicked 'continue' on this page, I got the error message:unable to get list of printer drivers:success

For troubleshooting, I have tried the following:
  • I ran/usr/lib/cups/driver/foomatic listwhich returned a long list of printer drivers / PPD files which included:foomatic:Samsung-SCX-4x25-lj5gray.ppd" en "Samsung" "Samsung SCX-4x25 Foomatic/lj5gray" "MFG:Samsung;MDL:SCX-4x25 Series;CMD:PCL5E,PCL6,FWV,EXT;DRV:Dlj5gray,R0,M0,TG;""foomatic:Samsung-SCX-4x25-pxlmono.ppd" en "Samsung" "Samsung SCX-4x25 Foomatic/pxlmono" "MFG:Samsung;MDL:SCX-4x25 Series;CMD:PCL5E,PCL6,FWV,EXT;DRV:Dpxlmono,R0,M0,TG;"So, the driver for my printer is there and on the Pi.
  • I tried the whole thing again on a different Raspberry Pi Zero W, got the same error. And with a different printer.
  • Ransudo tail -f /var/log/cups/error_logto see error messages, which returned
    E [14/May/2023:18:05:22 -0700] [Client 7] Unable to encrypt connection: A TLS fatal alert has been received.
    E [14/May/2023:18:05:22 -0700] [Client 8] Unable to encrypt connection: A TLS fatal alert has been received.
    E [14/May/2023:18:05:23 -0700] [Client 9] Unable to encrypt connection: A TLS fatal alert has been received.
    E [14/May/2023:18:05:33 -0700] [Client 14] Unable to encrypt connection: A TLS fatal alert has been received.
    E [14/May/2023:18:05:41 -0700] [Client 19] Unable to encrypt connection: A TLS fatal alert has been received.
    E [14/May/2023:18:05:45 -0700] [Client 21] Unable to encrypt connection: A TLS fatal alert has been received.
    E [14/May/2023:18:05:45 -0700] [cups-driverd] Bad driver information file \"/usr/share/cups/drv/indexbraille-media.defs\"!E [14/May/2023:18:05:45 -0700] [cups-driverd] Bad driver information file \"/usr/share/cups/drv/indexbraille-filter.defs\"!don't know how to interpret this
  • Added 'samsung-scx-4x25.ppd' to '/usr/share/cups/ppd'.

Has anybody encountered this? Any fixes? Am I missing something?
submitted by /u/Warren-Binder
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... pberry_pi/
/RaspberryPi

Return to “Raspberry Pi Forum”