Got in a pickle with Hakchi, how to reset and start again?

[Released: 2017] A successor to the NES Classic Edition, this remake comes with twenty-one Super NES titles pre-installed, including the official release of Star Fox 2.

/classicSNESmini
Bustin' Moves

Got in a pickle with Hakchi, how to reset and start again?

Post by /classicSNESmini »

I don`t find the process involved with adding games to the SNES mini intuitive at all using Hakchi, but I have previously managed to add games to the list. Issues began after I modded the SNES internally to add an SD card. It worked fine and hakchi reports 115 GB internal memory after installing the 128GB card.

Fed up with adding games one by one, I got a SNES game rom pack. First problem, a lot of the games either don`t work or are just lousy to play.

Then I got a Mame rom pack, but these seem also to be very hit and miss. The one I had was 52GB and Hakchi appeared to get to only 2GB, reporting 14% complete, before stopping, reverting to 8 % and then appearing to repeat the process.

It did that several times before I quit. However, on quitting, the occupied space on the SD card/internal memory reported as 53GB, so maybe it had worked. Unfortunately as I thought it hadn`t, instead of trying to play the games I decided just to delete them.

It is after this point that I am having an issue that Hakchi now seems to think there is not the available space on the internal SD card anymore.

I actually tried using the format SD card tool in Hakchi, but this doesn`t seem to have solved the issue.

For all the supposed joy of being able to add games to this device it does seem to involve a fair amount of faff and I would like to start over.

Reinstalling the kernel hasn`t done it, so how do I get back to just the original as shipped game selection and how can I make Hakchi see the available space properly to re-add the additional games?

Thanks for any help
submitted by /u/Separate-Training-30
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/RockinTheClass ... reset_and/
/classicSNESmini

Return to “SNES Classic Edition Forum”