Dumping games &/or Kernel from NES/SNES/Genesis/C64 Mini.

[Released: 2019] The Sega Genesis Mini is a dedicated video game console modeled on Sega's Genesis in miniature. The Mini emulates the original console's 16-bit hardware and includes 40 pre-installed games.

/classicSNESmini
Bustin' Moves

Dumping games &/or Kernel from NES/SNES/Genesis/C64 Mini.

Post by /classicSNESmini »

I've been a proud owner of an NES, SNES, Sega Genesis and C64 mini, but I always had pain to actually play them, because I usually don't have time/patiance to take them out of the closet, play for an hour and put everything back in. So, I was wondering if there could be a way to dump the games (or the kernel), and play the games on pc or mobile.

But, before you comment: I know I could just search for the roms online and download them, and that would actually be the fastest options, but I was also planning to catalogue and research the roms specific revisions that are presents on the minis, since there are not enough resources online detaling which games changed, what they edited, or if they're just patching the original roms on the fly, since they tend to do that a lot.

Also, I would prefer to do this without actually modding the system. I know that is a weird request, considering you can dump the systems with hakchi custom firmware pretty easily, but I had a very bad experience with the My Arcade wireless snes controller, that broke my nes mini and made it unable to boot for some time, until an emergency factory reset managed to bring it "almost" like it was before. So, I wanted to do this without potentialy breaking the system even more, and just do a quick read-and-copy of the files, but if that is not the case, I wouldn't mind to do a little soft modding on the 2 console that are still "stable". Also, C64 mini has 0 documentation on how to dump games, so I was hoping if some of you had already figured that out.
submitted by /u/m0ntgomery_gat0r
[link] [comments]

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/RockinTheClass ... enesisc64/
/classicSNESmini

Return to “Genesis Mini Forum”